Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Can't Think of a Good Title

Right now Logan is going through the learning process. Our cat, Moon, is lounging on the couch and Logan is being his normal grabby self. She's very patient with him, but when he grabs her tail and pulls, well, she does what cats do...she sort of clawed at him and gnawed on him...just a little bit, but enough to warn him. Logan looked at me with this befuddled expression, "what just happened here Dad?" It caused him to pause and I could see the wheels turning in his little brain. He seemed to be thinking, "hey...she's not supposed to claw me, is she?" Anyway, we try to teach him to be gentle with the cats, but I think the only way he's going to learn that is if he gets a few scratches...tough kitty love.

Another thing I wanted to write about was sucking out Logan's nose. Strangely, it's a very satisfying thing to do as a parent. Your baby can't yet blow their nose, so what do you do? You get this cool suction thingie and sluuuuurrrrpppp out all the snot. And let me tell you, babies can contain massive amounts of snot. Even though Logan usually cries like a banshee when we're doing this necessary evil, he always feels better with his nose clear. And like I said, strangely, I enjoy doing it...very satisfying. Ahh...the life of a stay-at-home Dad.

No comments: