Friday, October 24, 2008

Daddy Supports Obama too.


Back when Obama was running for the senate seat in Illinois, he came to Hopkins Park in DeKalb. It was right after his convention speech and there was quite a buzz about him. He and Dick Durbin made some speeches, and I felt really good about what they were saying. I wanted to shake his hand (and I did) but right before I could do so, a mother gave Barack her baby. The baby had assorted Obama slogans written on her forehead. It was an amazing moment because instantly there were a gagillion flashbulbs from cameras. He held that baby with the confidence of a father, and I remember being impressed with the man. Now, that man is on the verge of being president, and I think that's wonderful. Anyway, I really just wanted to post the picture. I'm in the corner of the shot. It was my graduate school days, so don't let the glasses and long hair fool you. As you can see, everybody was smiling because it was a total heartgushing moment. I even have my hand over my heart. I was reaching up and then the baby came, so I instinctively placed my hand on my chest. Anyway, the photograph made front page of the Metro section in the August 2nd, 2004 Chicago Tribune. Pretty cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

KSLATZ said...

That is awesome. I love the patriotic look you are sporting with your hand over your heart. Very cool!