Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Skin the Cat

Logan's six month appointment was at 9:00 this morning. I wanted him to be well-rested so when he woke up at 6:30 I gave him a bottle and tried to get him back to sleep. After much fussing and squirming, he began to fall asleep. It was pretty terrible though getting him down. I was literally restraining his flailing arms and kicking feet. I had him curled next to me in the bed, and it felt like I was putting him in a straight-jacket. I nearly gave up because he was fighting it so much, but I knew he was tired. That's the strange thing with this kid. He can really seem like he doesn't want to sleep when really that's exactly what he needs. It was scary.

Anyway, like I said, I finally got him to relax and sleep. We were sleeping for ten minutes and guess what our cat Moon decides to do? She jumps on the bed and begins to meow right in Logan's face. AHHHHHH!!!! Of course Logan wakes up. I wanted to skin the cat alive, and if I had a filet knife in my hand at the moment who knows. So we were up for the morning. I gave Logan some baby painkillers about a half an hour before the appt.

The appointment went well, but it was around nap time and he was a tad cranky. He took the shots like a baby (crying and wailing), and calmed down pretty quickly like he has when he got his previous shots. He is in the 60th percentile for height and around the 40th percentile for weight...A.K.A, tall and skinny. I wonder where he gets that from? He was so tired after the appointment and went down easily after a quick feeding. He woke up 35 minutes later crying pretty good. I tried to soothe him, but it wasn't working...inconsolable. I figured that he just needed to sleep it off so I put him in his crib and after a few minutes he was back down. I took a nap too. So the vaccinations went well today. He seems happy now and I think we'll go outside and take a walk. Maybe I'll accidently let Moon outside...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eric, great blog. I am a fan and you have inspired me.

Steven Miller