Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wild Horses

Yesterday Carly and I came to a funny realization. Carly has a baby mix of songs on the ipod that she often plays for Logan at night-time. About two hours into the playlist The Sundays come on with their song "Wild Horses." You know the one..."wild horses, couldn't drag me away...wild, white horses." Anyway, the lead singer has a really interesting, high-pitched eerie sort of voice--enchanting even. So it seems like Logan wakes up when he hears this song. Carly has gone in on numerous occasions and that song was playing. She mentioned it to me and I thought it was funny because I had the ipod on shuffle yesterday and that song came up and Logan's eyes got all wild and he looked as if he was startled. Why he does this I don't know, but it seems he does. If only fixing this solved all his sleeping issues.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed today because he was a crank this morning. It's hard to teach a kid sign language when he's screaming bloody murder because he only had a 30 minute nap. Why do I want to teach him sign language? Good question. I'll answer later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try the real version--the Rolling Stones version--or, perhaps the Jagger/Dave Matthews version. Logan obviously has elevated musical tastes.
;)
What's the baby sign for "I'm slowly driving my poor parents crazy with lack of sleep"? I bet it's a tricky one.