Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Water Works

Water has been the theme for today. First off, I'm not afraid to admit that I've watched the occasional Oprah show since I've been staying home. Today, she was doing an interesting segment on inspirational children. She shared the story of this one family who had a baby boy Eliot. Check it out here if you want to cry. It was so sad. I'm watching this program and bawling my eyes out and feeling totally like a weenie. But really, it was sad.

Anyway, water related happening number two: I signed up Logan for his first swimming class today and he had a blast. Of course, I was the only Dad in the class singing silly songs like motorboat, motorboat, go so slow...but really, it was enjoyable. The water was warm and he seemed to have fun. He didn't blow bubbles in the water, but he did splash and kick his feet. Most of the other babies seemed to enjoy the class too. It was all good except the locker rooms were freezing, and I didn't realize there was a changing table in there until after I changed him. So, for the next seven Tuesdays, Logan will get a chance to swim. Sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna be totally ashamed of myself if seven Tuesdays from now Logan is a better swimmer than me.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I totally know what you are talking about with the Eliot story. I went on youtube and the story is posted on there. It's called 99 balloons. I cried so hard. After I watched the entire thing, I made Matt watch it and cried all over again. THEN, the next day, we went to his dad's house and I made them watch it too. Can you ever imagine something like that happening to you? They were so positive thru the whole thing. God bless them.