Friday, October 3, 2008

Marathon Weekend

I'm picking up my friend Adolfo this morning in Milwaukee and he and I, along with my Dad and some of his friends, will be running in the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon. Sunday should be solid weather and a good time had by all. Even though I haven't really trained to go this fast, I'm hoping that Adolfo and I and my dad can finish under 4:00 hours. But really, finishing for Adolfo is the victory in itself since this is his first 26.2 miler.

How does Logan fit into all these plans. Well, I've sorta been playing pass the buck, I mean, boy. My mom is watching him today while Carly is at work. Hopefully he's a good boy instead of cranky like he was at his morning feeding today. Tomorrow, Carly is coming up to the cottage and we're all hanging out with some friends. I might not have internet access...uh, oh...maybe I won't be able to post Saturday or Sunday. But that night, Adolfo and I have a hotel room at the Hyatt in Milwaukee so as to wake up on Sunday near the marathon action. On Monday I'm dropping Adolfo off at the airport, and Carly is dropping the baby off at my aunt's house for the morning.

It will be a little strange for me because for three nights, I will be sleeping without a crying baby interrupting my slumber. Good for me, not so great for Carly who has to shoulder all the night wakings. But she'll most likely end up sharing the bed with him, so maybe he won't wake up that often. I imagine I will miss Logan. And the irony of it all is that I probably won't sleep well for at least two of those nights because I'll be anxious about running the marathon. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see my previous post--a Sunday marathon?? Jeez! Good luck! (and good luck to Carly as well!!)
;)