Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Baby Resentment


I think Logan and I overdosed on each other yesterday because today we're getting on each other's nerves. I'm a tad frustrated with him. It's interesting how your mental state can color your perceptions. His little fusses and cries are not really endearing now. His desire to be held is sort of annoying, and his snotty nose, instead of raising sympathy in me, is a task that I'm resenting a bit. Not to mention that he's spit up like ten times today. He was up at 4:00 a.m. today and didn't want to sleep on the couch with me. It was maddening. He was asleep on my shoulder when we were standing up and walking, but if I was to sit down, get comfortable and relax, even though he was in the same position, he would tense up and let out a shriek. I had enough and gave him back to poor Carly who was understandably annoyed and cranky. I feel bad that she gets no sleep and has to work, but what's a poor, inadequate pop supposed to do?

Ok. Enough complaining. It's a nice day out today, the house is clean, I feel good so I'm going to change my attitude. Despite his protests, he actually fell asleep for this nap without being completely knocked out before being placed in his crib. That's positive. As for that Shakespeare quote I talked about in my entry yesterday, here it is:


All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant, Mewling and puking in [Daddy's arms]. Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel And shining morning face, creeping like snail Unwillingly to school....

- William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But how could you resent that adorable face? Oh...you've got an adorable face too...now I see...

Anonymous said...

My gosh he looks just like you!! He is so adorable i can't wait to meet him again when i get home.