Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Night Time Miracle

You know that song, "oh what a night....do do do do do, do do do do do...late December back in '63, what a very special time for me, as I remember what a night."

I feel like singing that song this morning because last night was a night to remember at the Hill household. Logan actually slept!!! The answer to how long is as follows: he slept for 50 minutes the first time he went down, (8:45-9:35). He then was asleep from 9:45-2:30. Guess what, people? That's over a four and a half hour stretch! And it coulda, shoulda, woulda been longer had not Carly and I woken up and checked on him. We are so conditioned to waking up in the night that we woke up and were worried that something was wrong. So I tried to sneekily peek my head in Logan's nursery to check to see if he was breathing. He was comfortably sleeping on his tummy, and turned his head and whined in a way that was like, "who's opening my door?" Anyway, Carly nursed him again and he slept from 2:45 to 5:10. She said he was almost asleep again at 5:20, but Earth, our cat, shook her collar really loud at an inopportune moment and woke him up. No worries really. He went back to sleep at 6:05 on my shoulder. Hopefully he sleeps until around 7:30. We could definitely get used to only two interruptions in the night. Oh, what a night...do do do do do, do do do do do, late September back in 20-08, what a very special time for Logan, as I remember what a sleep.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Very exciting!!

KSLATZ said...

I like that song and I'm glad you recreated it for Logan! Sorry you ren't getting any sleep, hopefully you get naps in the day time :)