Monday, September 15, 2008

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

It was hard to let Carly go to work this morning--hard for me and for Logan. So we decided to go and visit her at 3:00 today. I showed up during the last few minutes of her last class period. It was funny because we caught her off guard a bit. Her freshmen students, which seemed really young, got a big kick out of seeing their teacher's baby. Once again, Logan brought out the smiles from nearly everyone. He is a very sociable lil' sprout.

I didn't actually "surprise" Carly at work today. We had planned it that I would stop by because she has a meeting tonight and didn't want to be away for the whole day. But still, she didn't expect me so early. We had a nice meal at Chili's and Logan was perfect. He really does seem to know when we are eating and adjusts his fussiness accordingly. Carly mentioned that in the past five months we have only been out (just the two of us) twice. Pretty crazy. Having a Logan around really changes the dynamic of a relationship. We are good with it, but plan on having a date night soon. Anyway, Logan slept well on the car ride home, and now we are going to read a book, play a little, have a bath, and drift off for night-night. How long will this initial sleep last...? I'll post the answer tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you need a babysitter...I'll be there