Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bonus Entry

Logan got a chance to change his first tire today. Poor mommy drove into a pothole and popped the two passenger tires. Turns out the wheel rim was also bent and needed to be replaced. Anyway, Carly's carpool friends actually got her to work, and Logan and daddy came to the car's rescue and attempted to feed the car some donuts. Too bad the Pontiac Vibe donut didn't fit the Hyundai Elantra wheel. Can you picture it? Logan in his car seat on the wide shoulder of the road, and Daddy showing him how to unscrew lugnuts while cars and trucks whiz by, laughing at the poor schmuck with blown tires. Well, I had to get the car towed to Discount Tire, and there I got the good news that the rim was bent. All in all, we didn't really need that 500 dollars, right? Could have been worse...our house could be under 10 feet of water right now. It was a memorable morning, so I wanted to get it in the blog for posterity. I'm sure, "Bumps," I mean, Carly, is happy about that.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Exciting day so far, huh!?! Tell Carly that it happens to the best of us. I had never had a flat tire before I moved here. ...Knicked the curb on a roundabout... Luckily, it was the rental car and someone came and bailed me out!!

Jackie said...

Maybe you guys should get AAA I know Christine has used it a bunch of times. Might be worth the investment. Poor Carly!

Anonymous said...

How horrible!! But Hilly, I wouldn't call your wife 'bumps'........

;)