Monday, September 22, 2008

Crawling in Reverse

Logan is beginning to master the reverse crawl. It's pretty humorous actually because it puts him into interesting positions such as underneath the entertainment center. He's just low enough to scoot undeneath the t.v. stand. This morning I put him on his play mat and went to make myself some cheerios and when I cam back sure enough he was hanging out under there. Under where? Ha!

I don't know if babies are supposed to be reverse crawling first or if Logan is doing things backwards. It makes sense this way, however. As I've mentioned before, Logan can do push-ups now. And so when he pushes with his arms, it makes his back side scoot backwards. Hence, reverse crawling. It's exciting seeing him move around even if he doesn't know where he's going. On the other hand, now we have to start seriously thinking about baby-proofing this house which is a task that doesn't seem all that exciting to me.

In unrelated news I ran a 5:50 mile yesterday to see if I could run under 6:00 minutes. It didn't feel good, but Logan and Carly were impressed. I guess this 30 year old body can still move like it did when I was in 8th grade. Sweet.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

To address your concerns...I think a lot of babies crawl backwards first. I'm pretty sure Sam did, too.

And, by the way, I'm jealous of your 5:50 minute mile!!