Wednesday, September 10, 2008

When You're Smiling...

I decided to visit school today because I was in the area picking up the dogs, (we are watching them for another three days). It was a bit strange for me to be back at Larkin High School, but not having to teach. Anyway, an interesting social/human phenomenon unfolded before my eyes. I knew of it previously, but never experienced it on this scale.

Logan was his normal chipper, happy-go-lucky self. He was in a good mood. And every time someone came up to us, he let out this huge grin in response to that person's smile. And it seemed every person that came up to us was smiling wide at the sight of Logan's cuteness. It was a crazy smiley good time. Logan got all this positive attention and he seemed to love it. It was really interesting in thinking about whether he was mirroring the people looking at him, or whether he was causing their smiles. I left with a feel-good buzz, so I can only imagine how Logan was feeling. Most people are attracted to babies and can't help grinning. It is cool.

No comments: